Staff Q&A: Wedding Tips from Valerie, Catering Sales Manager
21 Aug, 2013
At The Beverly Garland, our professional event team can create the ultimate celebration. Valerie Lehman, our Catering Sales Manager with 25 years of wedding planning experience, is offering her insight on how we make your special day truly unforgettable!
- What’s your favorite part helping brides plan their perfect day? Going through their vision for their wedding day and helping them pick out the perfect vendors to make their dream a reality!
- What is the biggest trend you’re seeing in weddings? There are always ongoing trends for weddings, but photo booths and candy bar tables are still very popular for the big day! For wedding colors, emerald is the trend for 2013. Lastly, vintage weddings are also very popular. You can check out some of our favorite wedding items on our Pinterest page!
- What’s the most important piece of advice you can offer a bride? When planning your dream wedding, lots of people can give input–don’t let their voices and opinions steer you away from what you really want.
- What LA activity do you always recommend to visitors? Oh man there is lots to do in LA. I recommend quite a few things: L.A. Live in Downtown, hanging out at Venice Beach and shopping on Melrose. I really like Universal CityWalk–there is great shopping and plenty of dining options to choose from. At The Beverly Garland, we offer complimentary trolley service to and from Universal for our hotel guests!
- What’s your #1 travel tip? Don’t overpack! Although I try to follow this tip, I still end up with 12 outfits I don’t wear!