See it all from here! A dozen family-friendly activities near the Beverly Garland
04 Jun, 2013
If you’re staying in a Hollywood, CA hotel with your family, you’ll love experiencing these local area activities!
- Experience thrills at Universal Studios: Not only do we offer complimentary round-trip transportation to Universal Studios Hollywood, but you can purchase tickets right in the hotel! Stop by Bev’s Boutique for more information.
- Indulge in friendly competition at the Sherman Oaks Castle Park: Play mini golf, spend time at the batting cages and battle it out in the arcade during your Hollywood vacation.
- See the big screen at the TCL Chinese Theater (formerly Grauman’s): Watch your favorite new release in the glamour of this famous Los Angeles landmark. Check their schedule—you may even be able to catch a red carpet movie premier! To get here, hop on our complimentary trolley to the Red Line station and take the Metro to the Hollywood/Vine station.
- Explore La Brea Tar Pits: See Ice Ace fossils and learn about paleontology—this interactive museum is engaging for the whole family.
- Go galactic at the Griffith Observatory: Discover the history of astronomy and catch a show at the planetarium. Admission is free; tickets to the shows are extra.
- Monkey around at the Los Angeles Zoo: Aside from the exotic animals and a petting zoo, the LA Zoo boasts elephant demonstrations, creature encounters and more.
- Go full steam ahead to the Los Angeles Live Steamers Museum: Experience railroad history and explore different types of trains.
- Prepare to be amazed at Ripley’s Believe It or Not: See nearly 300 unusual and fascinating exhibits, including the “Transformers” Autobot Bumblebee and an ancient Egyptian mummified foot. To get here, trolley to the Red Line station and take the Metro to the Hollywood/Highland station.
- Kick back at Pinz Bowling Center: 32 bowling lanes, an arcade, billiards and free parking! Your family can spend an afternoon enjoying this Ventura destination.
- Get star struck at Madame Tussauds Hollywood: This wax museum puts visitors up close and personal with their favorite celebrity figures! As you explore the exhibits, relive the glamour and history of the past two centuries’ most famous people. To get here, trolley to the Red Line station and take the Metro to the Hollywood/Highland station.
- Investigate the California Science Center: Now home to the Space Shuttle Endeavour, this museum is free to the public; some exhibits and activities are ticketed. The mission of the California Science Center is to foster curiosity and science learning in all its visitors! To get here, trolley to the Red Line station and take the Metro to the Jefferson/USC station.
- Cruise around the Petersen Automotive Museum: The Petersen’s rotating exhibits provide a consistently fresh look at automotive culture and its relationship with American history. Families, international visitors and car enthusiasts alike flock to this museum! To get here, trolley to the Red Line station and take the Metro to the Fairfax/6th station.
Visit Bev’s Boutique to get more information on all the fun family-friendly activities near The Beverly Garland North Hollywood hotel to make your stay memorable. See you soon!