Get Active with the Perfect Hotel Room Workout
12 Jul, 2013
When traveling, it can be hard to keep up an exercise program. To help maintain your routine, we’ve gathered five equipment-free exercises that you can do in your Beverly Garland hotel room!
- Squats (legs): Keep your feet shoulder width apart. Move like you’re going to sit in a chair; don’t let your knees go farther forward than your toes. Hold for 1-3 seconds, then use your leg muscles to push back up into a standing position.
- Lunges (legs): Start with your feet together, hands on your hips. Take a big step forward and bend both knees so you dip evenly downward. Push off your front foot to return to your starting position. Repeat with the other foot—this is one rep.
- Incline push ups (upper body and core): This exercise is performed exactly like a standard push up, except your hands are on the edge of the mattress instead of the floor. Hold for 1-3 seconds then push up. This provides an extra core workout. Remember, when doing push ups, keep your elbows close to your body.
- Triceps dips (upper body): Using either a sturdy chair or the edge of the tub, rest your palms on the surface, arms straight, with your legs out in front of you. Bend your elbows to lower your body downward. Hold for 1-3 seconds then push up.
- Crunches (core): On the floor, lie with your feet flat and knees bend. Place your hands behind your head (but to not use your arms to pull upward during the crunch). Contract the muscles in your stomach and lift yourself a few inches off the ground. Hold, then release.
Aim for 12-15 repetitions of each exercise. Perform this whole routine 1-3 times.
Complete your workout with cardio in our cutting-edge fitness center or a game of tennis on our courts!