Escape to the beach this summer!
23 Jul, 2013
From the Beverly Garland, you can jet to a many amazing Los Angeles beaches, but these five iconic LA beaches are our favorites.
1. Santa Monica: Explore the famous Santa Monica Pier—enjoy delicious food, take a ride on the Ferris wheel and Carousel, and take in the free twilight concerts all summer. Afterwards, rent a bike (Blazing Saddles is right on the pier) and cruise down to Venice Beach. It’s a smooth, flat 2 mile ride south! (380 Santa Monica Pier | Santa Monica, CA 90401)
2. Venice Beach: From classic boardwalk food (you have to try the funnel cakes, churros, lemonade, and fried Oreos!) to unique street performers and vendors (selling art, collectibles, and jewelry), Venice provides an eclectic, off-beat day at the beach. (3100-2700 Ocean Front Walk | Venice, CA 90291)
3. Manhattan Beach The birthplace of volleyball is also home to upscale shopping, dining, and waves perfect for surfing. (400-500 The Strand | Manhattan Beach, CA 90266)
4. Zuma Beach: Head north on the 101 to Malibu. Zuma is the city’s most popular beach for a reason—the great surfing and the perfect setting offer a quintessential California experience! (30000 Pacific Coast Highway | Malibu, CA 90265)
5. El Matador Beach: One of the most romantic spots in Los Angeles is this beach just 40 miles up the 101 in Malibu. Pack a lunch and spend the day in paradise. (32100 Pacific Coast Hwy Malibu | CA 90265)
If you’re in the mood to catch some rays but don’t want to trek to the beach, you’re always invited to lay out by our pool!Brian Auer via photopin cc
Venice Beach photo credit: szeke via photopin cc
Manhattan Beach photo credit: Coffee on Sundays via photopin cc
Zuma Beach photo credit: L.A. Filming Location Expert via photopin cc
El Matador photo credit: my hovercraft is full of eels via photopin cc